Congratulations! You have an important celebration coming up with beautiful moments ahead for you.
“Choose the right flowers” is a big task on your to-do list. You want flowers that can:
Instantly transform the atmosphere of your venue.
Hold memories of your loved ones.
Fit seamlessly into the dream of what your celebration will look like.
Set the tone for your guests and the vibe of your whole party.
That's what we're here to create.
We design floral arrangements that bring the vision for your event to life and speak all the love, joy, and emotions that words alone can’t express.
I had a cozy New Year’s Eve wedding, and Thistle & Dot nailed it. Deep, rich florals with pops of color. Stunning pedestal arrangements. Pocket boutonnieres that we received so many compliments on! Jaime is the best!
You don’t have to know all the right questions to ask when you come to us. Be a party-planning expert. Or feel pressured to follow any trends that don’t resonate with your style. (We adore the go-to neutral white palette as much as anyone, but if you love color, you’re our girl!)
We’re here to get to know you, listen to your story and dreams, and provide you with swoon-worthy flower arrangements of the highest quality.
I am so honored you took the time to hear our story. Now it’s your turn! Reach out and introduce yourself and let us know how we can help bring your celebration to life with flowers!
The thistle flower symbolizes determination and perseverance.
For me, thistles are a reminder that overcoming adversity and difficult situations is possible for us all. That we are so much braver and more capable than we give ourselves credit for, and that we can keep going even when things seem impossible.
I miss my grandparents fiercely. And I wish I had sent my Grams flowers more often when I had the chance to do so. Each arrangement I design today is in honor of her beautiful spirit.
My grandmother, Dorothy (affectionately called Dot), never met a flower she didn’t love.
She liked bright colors and even brighter personalities, and you could always tell which porch/deck/room belonged to her, as it was overflowing with flowers.
My Grandpa Johnny wasn’t the best at stating how he felt. But he always brought his wife a bunch of daffodils when Hy-Vee received its spring stock. From their love, I learned that:
1. I run on Diet Coke. I am not proud of how many cans I drink, especially when I am designing bridal bouquets. If the bouquet comes together perfectly, I will have 1 or 2 cans on the table. If not, well, they add up quickly.
2. I am originally from Texas, but I LOVE Sioux Falls and am so happy to call it home. I love the generous spirit of the community and the winter weather also makes me very happy. Except ice. I am terrified of ice- this stems from a terrible winter at SDSU and an embarrassing fall in the parking lot of Hansen Hall.
3. I love good Mexican food, cozy sweaters, quiet evenings at home, true crime and history podcasts and Diet Coke. Did I mention I love Diet Coke?
1. I am a proud dance / baseball mom.
2. I am obsessed with green plants and pretty much have them in every available space at my house.
3. I met my husband on a blind date.